Have you ever been to an escape room and wish you could experience all the joys of solving clues and working as a team but from the safety of your own home? Now you can with this up and coming release, Moonshot, from Reason.
Moonshot is a virtual escape room. It incorporates a variety of functions such as virtual assistant, remote-controlled props, a live host, and puzzles in the real and digital worlds. The application can cater for anything between 10 and 100 individuals. It is also the only massive remote team experience on the face of the Earth.
Each remote experience is complemented by an actual physical escape room set, handcrafted, and featuring the latest in VR technology, holograms, and robotics. There is no larger team building virtual escape room.
In the last five years, escape rooms have become a staple of pop culture with many thousands worldwide. During the current pandemic, the need for businesses to improve and expand their online offerings has increased dramatically. Reason is doing a very successful job of making sure they don’t fall behind in this regard. Originally based in San Francisco, the company’s initial escape room experiences were not online affairs. That has all changed.
Who made it?
This new escape room experience comes from makers Reason. Their first outing was titled ‘Lola in space’, a light-hearted puzzler with a feel-good narrative. An impressive 60% of the top 15 companies on Glassdoor’s 2018 Best Places to Work in the U.S. choose Reason for their team building requirements.
Since way back in 2016, the company has been considered by many in Silicon Valley to be the leading high tech team building partner.
Who is it for?
This virtual experience is targeted squarely at companies that have a need to pursue team building initiates who can no longer take their teams out into the world due to Covid-19 restrictions. Post-COVID, the demand for virtual resources will remain high as the economy realizes that most activities can be carried out remotely.
The app can also be utilized by friends who are looking to socialize and have fun remotely. It is not reserved for company team building, as the app can cater to the whole family. The parent company, Reason also provides specific escape rooms for children that are child friendly, but they can still partake in Moonshot if they wish.
- AI Assistant – Every team is aided by an AI Assistant that guides you when you are stuck and helps you finish the mission.
- Remote Control – The app gives you the ability to be able to control props in the virtual lunar station directly via your pc.
- Space Race – Remote team building on a truly massive scale. The app has the capacity for teams between 10 and 100 team members.
- Human Avatar – Each team will have the chance to interact with a real human who will help them with tips and information when necessary.
- Worldwide Availability – No limitations with where you can play from. All you need is a stable internet connection.
- Explore New Technologies – Get virtual hands-on experience with state of the art tech like 3D printing, holograms, and robotics.
- No Prior Experience Needed – The experience is accessible to people of all skill levels, beginners included. The difficulty curve is forgiving and balanced to be a fair challenge to everyone.
What does it cost?
The standard price for a 1-hour session is $30 per person, with up to 10 people per team. Spaces are sold in blocks of ten, with the ability to add 90 additional players as required. At the time of writing, there is no discount for large bookings.
What are the makers saying?
“This is a difficult time for everyone so we want to build a game that lifts people’s spirits if they feel isolated” – PRWEB
What are people saying?
“With the Reason, the bar for what to expect [in an escape room] has just been astronomically raised.. with the integration of drones, virtual reality, 3D printing, and more into their high-tech escape room!” Forbes.
Husband to an understanding wife and father to an unhinged Chiwawa, Matt spends most of his days writing with a focused fervour normally reserved for a dog and his dinner. A specialist in content strategy and tech and design writing, creativity is in his blood. When he takes a well-earned break, he enjoys nothing more than sampling his Wife’s culinary experiments or rearranging furniture in the house.